Sunday 15 May 2011

1990.


Kate Moss photographed by Corrine Day for The Face magazine.

I am currently researching potential subjects for my third year collection and as I am turning the big two-one in few short weeks, I thought it appropriate to investigate the year of my birth. 

These now infamous photos, taken in 1990, are attributed with pretty much launching the career of the then 16year old Moss and sparking an evolution of the fashion world. The above photo is my favourite from the shoot as it perfectly captures the feeling of freshness, innocence and youth that was hailed as the 'new look' for the 90's. 

This natural, low-key type of shot sums up my personal style which I think is a good starting point for my final year design brief...with that said, now begins hours of trawling books magazines, blogs, and 'stumble upon' (my new obsession), for inspiration and research...better get started!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment